An informed homebuyer is an empowered homebuyer. Homewise offers free workshops to help you manage your finances and become ready for the homebuying process. We offer workshops in English and Spanish, during the evenings and on weekends in both Albuquerque and Santa Fe. We’re here to make it simple and convenient for you!
Financial Fitness for Life
Financial Fitness for Life is a FREE workshop that can help you take a proactive approach to managing your money and planning for the future.
Whether you are looking to purchase a home, save money, or reduce the stress of credit card debt, this workshop can empower you to gain control of your money and reach your financial goals.
This workshop offers tips and tools to help you:
- Create financial goals
- Make wise financial choices
- Reduce or eliminate debt
- Gain confidence around money issues
- Repair and improve your credit
- Develop a realistic budget
- Build savings for planned and unexpected expenses
Homebuyer Education (for prospective buyers)
Homebuyer Education is a FREE required course for all Homewise clients.
We encourage you to take the course as early as possible in the homebuying process, as attendees report that the sooner you take the course, the more helpful it will be to you.
Homebuyer Education makes the homebuying process clear and less stressful by helping you:
- Understand the programs offered by Homewise
- Understand your monthly mortgage payment and closing costs
- Select the best possible mortgage loan
- Understand purchase contracts so that you can protect your interest as an informed homebuyer
Homeownership 101 (for new homeowners)
If you're a new homeowner, there's a lot to learn. We can help!
We’ll help you understand and prepare for what it takes to be a successful, long-term homeowner.
- Basic home maintenance and repair ‘how to’
- Using green products to clean your home
- Questions to ask before hiring a contractor
- Easy, low cost ways to secure your home
- Understanding your mortgage payment and escrow account adjustments
- Building financial stability with a home savings plan
Small Business Owners Workshop
If you're a small business owner, join us for a series of workshops on what you need to know about small business and finance.
This series of workshops will prepare business owners for financial success.
BBVA Compass will discuss:
- Small business banking services
- Business financial statements
- Developing a business plan
- How businesses obtain credit
- How businesses use credit
Register for a Class
Filter classes by type, location, date and language. Click on the class name to register. [en español]
Financial Fitness for Life and Homebuyer Education are community partnerships between Homewise and the following organizations: